Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson

I am too tired to write an eloquent essay on guilt and its crippling effect on the left and how If there was one thing I Identified with in Hunter S. Thompson's Writing (in fact there are many things) it was this: Life is a battle of ideas and ideals. We can't let the rat bastards keep killing all that is decent and until we can stop taking responsibility for the mess the 'Ominious They' keep getting us into we won't be able to properly fight back.

This is why his death is so terrible. I guess on one hand its none of our business why he killed himself but on the other hand its really hard to believe that someone who I always thought was capable of staring truth in the eyes and bighting its ugly face off could have finally become so overwhealmed with despair that he gave up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some thing that I learnt from his death was that he was born on the same day as me.

Noctilucent

4:50 PM  
Blogger entropop said...

That's very Apt Noctilucent. I think that we need to all remember your birthday and, yes, HSTs death will make that easier.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Kaufman said...

I'm a fan of the man as well, though I'm a huge anti-fan of suicide, no matter who or how famous the subject. Like you, I'm still finding it difficult to write about, let alone think about, but I reckon you've done the man proud by finding a positive message from it all. Well written.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home